Friday, January 22, 2016

Snowmageddon 2016: otherwise entitled "Welcome back to Morehead, Gayle"

As most of you know, I'm back at Craft. That in and of its self is quite an event, but.......

THERE HAS ALSO BEEN A BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry. 

That was in all caps. 

And a lot of exclamation points. 

Anyways....

I'm back here settling in to my schedule and avoiding adulting as much as possible. Actually, I'm looking forward to this semester. I'm taking some very challenging courses and I've increased the hours I'm taking. It's going to be a lot of work and I might cry a lot, but I'm super excited and super confident. 

I have taken some time from studying today to go play in the snow on my first snow day in like six years. I WENT SLEDGING FOR THE FIRST TIME!! It was amazing. The hill behind my dorm is perfect for sledging. Then my roommate and I went to Dairy Queen, which is literally the only thing open in all of Morehead. The entire town is closed and I'm not joking. 

Right now, I'm sitting in the lobby of Thompson Hall with my RC and my friends listening to Justin Bieber. I have plenty of food and the heat and electricity is still very much working. My plan is that if all of this goes south (like the power goes out and we are reduced to post-apocalypse conditions) I'm going to sell my food to my floormates and pay for my books for the semester. (That's what they were meant when they said they encourage entrepreneurship, right?) 

Anyways, I don't think I'm going to leave this dorm for the next forty-eight hours unless I ABSOLUTELY have to. I'm going to try and get to church, but in the words of Pastor Aaron I'll "need a tautaun to get there". So I'm holed up here like a rat with a turkey drumstick, and I'm okay with that. 

Stay warm 

Stay safe. 

Let me know if you find a tautaun. 

Signing off in Moresnowhead, 

Gayle

xoxo 

I'm sorry  if you expected cute photos of me doing cute things with my cute friends. I don't do that. A blizzard is not a time for cuteness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment