Friday, January 1, 2016

I Have a Confession to Make

So this very tiny, nondescript movie came out recently. I don't know, you probably haven't heard of it. It's called Star Wars: The Force Awakens. 


By now, most of you have seen this movie and probably loved it. In fact, I haven't found a person who didn't like it. Everyone loves it. Everyone. 

But I have a confession to make.

It's big.

It's huge.

It's shocking.

I DIDN'T LIKE THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIE!!

There, I said it.  Please don't hate me. It's just a harmless little opinion.

Now, I'm not not going to bash this movie because it was really, really good and really, really, really well done. This movie was incredible. I just didn't like it. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. I don't know the lore, I don't care who shot first, and I don't know the fan theories. I just don't care. So when I went to see this film, in a crowded theater, I didn't enjoy it because it is very much a film for the fans.

Star Wars just isn't my cup of tea and there's NOTHING wrong with that. It's completely okay and fine not be a fanatic fan of Star Wars or any other cult TV show, movie, book series, or anything else for that matter. So be a fan of Star Wars and have fun in your fandom, but don't vilify those who don't like Star Wars or haven't seen it.

Love and Happy Reading,

Gayle

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment