Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas!!

The Christmas season is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the beauty, the quietness, the appreciation that comes from the holiday. Nothing beats it, except for maybe Easter. This Christmas season has been a busy one and one full of firsts. It is the first Christmas that I've "come home for" and the first that I've actually bought presents for. Needless to say, I can feel my childhood slipping away. So here's some of the things we've been up to in the recent weeks.

1) Frat Boy Santa


I try to meet Santa at least once every Christmas because, whatever your feelings on Santa are, it's just plain ole fun. This year, I had to settle for frat boy Santa with a selfie stick. 

2) Morehead Christmas Parade 


Morehead seems to do Christmas well. There were numerous Christmas events in Morehead that I went to, but this was by far the most fun. I love the little town I get to go to college in. 

3) Family Christmas Tree


This is my favorite family Christmas tradition. My mom still has all the ornaments that I made as a small child that have ceased to look like an ornament. Unfortunately, since I was school I didn't get to go with my parents to the Christmas Tree Farm to cut the tree. Even so, I love decorating the tree. 

4) Lights Under Louisville 


We drove up to Louisville to see the light display. Several years ago, we went to the light display at the Kentucky Horse Park and, I must say, Lights Under Louisville is by far superior.

5) Baking up a storm 


I spent all day Christmas Eve baking. I made some "scrumptious bakes" in the words of Mary Berry (If you haven't seen the Great British Baking Show YOU NEED TO!! It's on Netflix right now and it's life changing.) I've got lots of recipe posts coming! Keep an eye out! 

6) Spending time with friends 


We spent Christmas Eve with our dear, dear friends eating, laughing, talking. While we were there, I snapped this photo of my mom reading to their three little girls. This is the most adorable photo I think I've ever taken. 

7) Christmas Day 

Christmas Day at our house is very laid back. We stay in our pjs, watch Christmas movies, open presents, and eat seafood. It's one of those rare days in which we're all home, relaxing, and just being together. And it's one of my favorite days of the year. 

So, Merry Christmas from me and mine to you and yours! I hope that your Christmas was as fantastic as mine. 

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this." 

~Isaiah 9:6-7

Love and Happy Reading,

Gayle 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment